WHO ARE WE
Totally Awesome is the world’s most advanced forum for brands engaging kids, teens and families, to safely interact across thousands of apps, games and websites. We enable a kid-safe ecosystem with more than 300 million monthly active users across APAC. We adhere to and support international governments’ most advanced regulations protecting kids’ data privacy. We do this through the deployment of bespoke technology designed specifically to offer kids contextual and customised content through age-appropriate engagement.
The TotallyAwesome kids metaverse reaches over 300 million kids monthly across desktop, mobile and online video. We are headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines and Vietnam.
Job Overview: Senior Accountant position main responsibilities are to ensure the accuracy and timely of monthly internal financial reporting, lead external audits of subsidiaries and coordinate the audits of consolidated financial statements of the parent company. This position requires extensive knowledge of general accounting standards, high attention to details, critical and analytical mindset, and great organizational skills.
How will YOU contribute to the Team?
- Ensure that monthly accounting book closing of all subsidiaries are properly and accurately completed by coordinating with other in-charged team members to adjust the books by the closing deadline for any accounting misstatements
- Prepare and analyze monthly consolidated financial statements, especially monthly P&L performance, for management reporting purpose
- Critically identify and communicate to the Finance Manager and CFO any operation and business issues reflected through the financials
- Lead monthly and quarterly tax filings of all entities to ensure that all filings are properly prepared and submitted to the authorities
- Lead the yearly external audit of financial statements of subsidiaries, prepare the accounting books, supporting schedules and documents, work directly with auditors to address their queries
- Identify areas of improvements in the finance and accounting operations and suggest changes to improve work efficiency and effectiveness
- Support daily finance and accounting operations with other ad hoc tasks
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Do YOU have what it takes to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Auditing/Finance is preferred, in General Business is acceptable.
- Comprehensive knowledge in accounting and tax.
- At least 3 years of working experience in accounting, experience in auditing is preferred.
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial statements is a plus.
- Experience in digital media industry is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills.
- International exposure and mindset is a must.
- Strong written and spoken English, able to structure communications in English clearly, confidently and logically for daily work.
- Strong computer skills, especially skilled at working with spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel, and/or Google sheet).
- Able to work under pressure in a unstructured and fast growth environment.
- Hard-working, high integrity, responsible and accountable.
- Fast mover, take the lead to get things done, and loves solving problems.
- Flexible, willing to learn and a can-do attitude are very important.
At TotallyAwesome, we work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. In our culture, you are encouraged to:
- Be more AWESOME than you were yesterday
- Be BRAVE, experiment, learn and share experiences
- Be ACCOUNTABLE and get stuff done
- Be INNOVATIVE, think big, find the game changer
Our people are at the heart of what we do at TotallyAwesome and the driving force behind our growth and success. We value our culture as the lifeblood of our business and work hard every day to maintain this as we continue to grow and scale our team. We believe in offering opportunities to learn and grow every day and we’ve got a strong track record in developing great people.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review job applications without regard to their race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status.
Finally, we are a team of passionate experts. We are not just leading in this industry, we are defining it.
- You are a self-starter, independent and problem solver. You consider yourself a high-performance personality
- Understand what it means to deliver excellence.
- Good sense of humor and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Well-organised with excellent communication and time management skills.
Please send us your resume in English to email@example.com